An ideal resource for primary teachers, this practical resource helps children understand anger and identify links with other emotions with an interactive program using 26 elements. They will learn skills to effectively manage their anger with activities and exercises.
New to this edition is: Information on recent initiatives on anger management in schools; Models and top tips for coping with anger; New activities and ideas; Further information for young children aged 5-9
This instructional guide for teachers comes with photocopiable worksheets and activities suitable for both group and individual work for the whole-class which are available to download online.
X Is for X-ray Eyes
Poster Discussion | 5 Minutes
Show the pupils the ‘X is for X-ray Eyes’ poster and talk through the following points:
- We have spent a lot of time learning about how to recognise when we are getting angry.
- We can use this knowledge to help us identify other people's feelings.
- When we know how our friends are feeling we can help them to deal with their feelings.
Questions for Circle Time | 15 Minutes
Ask the pupils to consider the following questions in a Circle Time session:
- How can we tell when our friends are angry? What do they look and sound like?
- What are the early signs of our friends' anger?
- How does it feel to be ...