An ideal resource for primary teachers, this practical resource helps children understand anger and identify links with other emotions with an interactive program using 26 elements. They will learn skills to effectively manage their anger with activities and exercises.
New to this edition is: Information on recent initiatives on anger management in schools; Models and top tips for coping with anger; New activities and ideas; Further information for young children aged 5-9
This instructional guide for teachers comes with photocopiable worksheets and activities suitable for both group and individual work for the whole-class which are available to download online.
Session 21: U Is for Understanding
Poster Discussion | 5 Minutes
Show the pupils the ‘U is for Understanding’ poster and talk through the following points:
- Understanding our own feelings and the behaviours which may result from our feelings is very important, but not always easy.
- Being able to understand how we make other people feel is even less easy, but equally important.
Questions for Circle Time | 15 Minutes
Ask the pupils to consider the following points in a Circle Time session:
- Can pupils share a time when they know they have made someone feel happy? How did they know?
- Can they share a time when they have made someone angry? How did they know?
- Are there things which the pupils know they do regularly ...