Meet digital natives on their own turf! The Corwin Connected Educators series is your key to unlocking the greatest resource available to all educators: other educators. Using social media and web tools, you’ll learn and collaborate with one another in new ways. These brief books feature strategies to use immediately–and the series website lets you connect with authors and access additional resources. Accustomed to constantly-evolving mobile technology, our students crave more than paper and pencil can provide. In this volume, veteran teacher, renowned author, and tech expert Mark Barnes shows how educators can use mobile devices and social media to create a win-win for teaching and learning. This inspiring resource describes how to Mentor students in responsible use of technology Use technology to encourage positive collaboration beyond the classroom walls Benefit from teaching examples, K-12 lesson ideas, and a teacher-friendly technology glossary Learn how to make technology a catalyst in your classroom–one that builds students’ aptitudes for critical thought and partnership. To explore the other books in this series, visit the companion website.
- Chapter 1: Understanding the Age of “i”
- Chapter 2: Content Curation in the 21st Century
- Chapter 3: Why You Can’t Afford to Ignore Social Media
- Chapter 4: How Mobile Learning Changes Everything
- Chapter 5: Blending the Learning
- Chapter 6: Activities and Tools You Can Use Tomorrow
- Chapter 7: The Language of “i”