Teachers, educational psychologists, early years SENCOs and parents.
Theory and Practice
- Why Play?
- Play in Children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- What is Identiplay and Where Has it Come From?
- Assessing the Child's Skills
- Writing a Script
- Setting up Tabletop Identiplay
- Why Use Identiplay?
- Making Your Identiplay Kits – Top Tips
- Exploring the Adult's Role
- Working in Partnership with Parents
- The Use of Visual and Verbal Support – A Brief Review
- verb 1. engage in games or other activities for enjoyment rather than for a serious or practical purpose.
- noun 1. activity engaged in for enjoyment and recreation, especially by children.
Compact English Dictionary Online; Oxford University Press (2011)
The dictionary definition of play includes enjoyment as the key defining feature. It suggests that playing is about ‘having a good time’.
Anyone who has spent time observing children in pre-school and school settings, as well ...