This is a core text for trainee primary teachers. It is a guide to the teaching of computing and coding in primary schools, and an exploration of how children develop their computational thinking. It covers all areas of the National Curriculum for primary computing and offers insight into effective teaching.
Chapter 6: Coding with HTML and Web Design
Coding with HTML and Web Design
By the end of this chapter you will:
- have developed an understanding of the rationale for teaching children to code with HTML;
- understand the role of coding and web design in the primary computing curriculum and how these can be used to engage children at different stages of learning;
- know how to code with HTML yourself and identify how to teach this knowledge to children;
- identify potential opportunities to integrate coding and web design with learning across the curriculum.
A teacher must:
- Promote good progress and outcomes by pupils:
- be aware of pupils' capabilities and their prior knowledge, and plan teaching to build on these.
- Demonstrate good subject and curriculum knowledge:
- have a secure knowledge of ...