People are the most important resource for today's organizations. Organizations must invest in their employees to sustain a competitive advantage and achieve their strategic objectives. Strategic Training and Development translates theory and research into best practices for improving employee knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the workplace. Authors Robyn A. Berkley and David M. Kaplan take a holistic and experiential approach, providing ample practice opportunities for students. A strong focus on technology, ethics, legal issues, diversity and inclusion, and succession helps prepare students to succeed in today’s business environment.
Legal Issues in Training and Development
- Identify the key provisions of antidiscrimination legislation.
- Differentiate between types of discriminatory actions.
- Assess whether an organization is guilty of discriminating.
- Discuss how ethics influences behavior.
- Explain how reasonable accommodation applies to training.
- Assess whether training has increased or decreased an organization’s potential liability.