People are the most important resource for today's organizations. Organizations must invest in their employees to sustain a competitive advantage and achieve their strategic objectives. Strategic Training and Development translates theory and research into best practices for improving employee knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the workplace. Authors Robyn A. Berkley and David M. Kaplan take a holistic and experiential approach, providing ample practice opportunities for students. A strong focus on technology, ethics, legal issues, diversity and inclusion, and succession helps prepare students to succeed in today’s business environment.
- Identify what it takes to have learning agility.
- Identify the steps to improve employee development programs.
- Compare and contrast the different methods of employee development.
- Differentiate between mentoring and coaching.
- Design an effective mentoring program.
- Compare and contrast the value of internal versus external coaching.
- Describe the steps to identify what employees need for leadership development.