People are the most important resource for today's organizations. Organizations must invest in their employees to sustain a competitive advantage and achieve their strategic objectives. Strategic Training and Development translates theory and research into best practices for improving employee knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the workplace. Authors Robyn A. Berkley and David M. Kaplan take a holistic and experiential approach, providing ample practice opportunities for students. A strong focus on technology, ethics, legal issues, diversity and inclusion, and succession helps prepare students to succeed in today’s business environment.
Technology-Mediated Training and Development
- Explain how an HRIS can be used to facilitate training and development.
- Describe the features of an LMS.
- Explain how technology changes the way people learn.
- Discuss the pros and cons of virtual communication.
- Identify the challenges to learning that technology creates.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of online training and development.
- Explain how technology allows training and development to go mobile.
- Discuss how webinars are provided.
- Provide advice for how to maximize learning from MOOCs.
- Discuss how e-mentoring differs from traditional mentoring.