People are the most important resource for today's organizations. Organizations must invest in their employees to sustain a competitive advantage and achieve their strategic objectives. Strategic Training and Development translates theory and research into best practices for improving employee knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the workplace. Authors Robyn A. Berkley and David M. Kaplan take a holistic and experiential approach, providing ample practice opportunities for students. A strong focus on technology, ethics, legal issues, diversity and inclusion, and succession helps prepare students to succeed in today’s business environment.
- Explain how a needs assessment promotes effective organizational training.
- Differentiate between the levels at which a needs analysis can be conducted.
- Determine if an organization should provide training.
- Develop a plan to conduct a job-level needs analysis.
- Provide advice on how to conduct a person-level needs analysis.
- Differentiate between needs and process theories of motivation.
- Suggest alternatives to training to address performance issues.