Create meaningful and transformative K-5 STEAM learning experiences for each and every student. Make the most of your limited instructional time and become part of the Step into STEAM movement! Seamlessly design and implement K-5 STEAM inquiries that align carefully to key mathematics and science content and practices and prepare elementary students for their bright futures. Taking an opposite approach to existing resources that provide collections of disjointed STEAM activities, this book empowers teachers and schools to build cohesive and sustainable STEAM infrastructures—grounded in grade-level standards and purposeful assessment—to deepen the mathematics and science learning of each and every student.
Part 1: THE STEAM LANDSCAPE
- Chapter 1: What Is STEAM and Why Does It Matter?
- Chapter 2: How Do I Prepare for STEAM Teaching?
- Chapter 3: What Frameworks Can Guide How I Engage Students in STEAM?
Part 2: STEPPING INTO STEAM
- Chapter 4: How Do I Design STEAM Inquiries?
- Chapter 5: How Do I Implement STEAM Inquiries?
- Chapter 6: How Do I Assess My Students’ Learning in STEAM?
Part 3: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER IN STEAM