How can teachers harness the power of STEM education and learning in the primary curriculum? This book gives practical STEM ideas for the classroom and supports teachers to make the most of opportunities for rich STEM experiences across the primary curriculum. This book: – Explores the nature of STEM education and why it matters – Highlights the opportunities for STEM learning across the curriculum – Supports teachers to design and innovate engaging STEM learning experiences – Includes a chapter on STEM in the early years.
- Introduction: what is STEM education?
- Chapter 1: STEM and making links with home
- Chapter 2: STEM in the early years
- Chapter 3: Primary science and STEM
- Chapter 4: Mathematics in STEM education
- Chapter 5: Design and technology in STEM
- Chapter 6: Foreign languages and STEM
- Chapter 7: Drama and STEM
- Chapter 8: Engaging girls in STEM
- Chapter 9: Computing and STEM
- Chapter 10: The arts in STEM: STEAM
- Chapter 11: Preparing for transition to secondary STEM