Across all media - print, broadcast as well as online - sports journalism has come to occupy an increasingly visible space. Sports Journalism: Media, Sports and Society looks at the institutional, cultural, and economic environment and provides an invaluable overview of contemporary sports journalism across all media forms. This book offers a unique and up-to-date in-depth analysis of Sports Journalism as organized, produced, and consumed.
- Introduction Sports Journalism and Journalism about Sports
- Chapter 1: Engaging with Sports Journalism: Context and Issues
- Chapter 2: Sports Journalism and the Print Media Tradition
- Chapter 3: Sports Journalism or Sports Broadcasting?
- Chapter 4: Sports Journalism in the Age of 24/7 Media
- Chapter 5: Sports Journalism in the Promotional Age
- Chapter 6: Sports Journalism in the Digital Age
- Chapter 7: Gendered Sport? Gendered Sports Journalism?
- Chapter 8: The Image and Status of the Sports Journalist