- Subject index
Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) have become an integral part of social and working lives. Within social work ICTs play a vital role, helping professionals to store and share information and contributing to new forms of practice. This book goes a step further than simply describing ICT skills, but asks why ICT is used and how this affects practice and the experience of people who use services.
The book has a practical focus and includes guidance on:
- Best Practice for Social Work and ICT
- ICT Use in Social Work
- Service Users, Carers and ICT
- Technology and Professional Practice
- ICT and Social Work Agencies
- Social Work Programs in the Virtual World
- ICT and Practice Based Learning
Written in a student-friendly style, Social Work and ICT is interspersed with activities and exercises to enable students to ...