“Finally, a social media text that combines liberal arts and social science intellectualism with practical, real-world tips for success in this crucial aspect of professional communications. Its value goes beyond the classroom – everything in the book will resonate with and be useful to PR pros already engaged in social media management.” –Ray Begovich, Franklin College Social Media Strategy: Tools for Professionals and Organizations shows professionals and organizations how to use social media more effectively and strategically. With a focus on what makes social media unique among communication platforms, this book offers practical guidance on creating, implementing, and evaluating social media strategies and tactics. Social media is constantly evolving, so the book focuses on enduring strategic principles and uses case studies and exercises throughout to help readers build the fundamental competencies needed by today‘s social media managers.
Part I: UNDERSTANDING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- Chapter 1: Who Needs a Social Media Strategy?
- Chapter 2: What Is a Social Media Strategy?
- Chapter 3: What Are the Benefits of a Social Media Strategy?
- Chapter 4: The Social Media Cosmos
Part II: CRAFTING YOUR STRATEGY
- Chapter 5: Understanding the Competitive Environment
- Chapter 6: Coordinates
- Chapter 7: Channels
- Chapter 8: Content
- Chapter 9: Connections
- Chapter 10: Corrections
- Chapter 11: Syncing the Strategy Dots and Crafting Action Plans
Part III: ASSESSING RESULTS
- Chapter 12: Developing the Assessment Protocol
- Chapter 13: Measuring Social Media Effectiveness
- Chapter 14: Crafting the Social Media Assessment Report
Part IV: CONCLUSION