Skills in Rational Emotive Behaviour Counselling and Psychotherapy is a practical guide to the application of the rational emotive behavior approach at each stage of the therapeutic process. Taking the reader through these stages, the book focuses on skills which arise out of rational emotive behavior theory as well as those invoked by the therapeutic relationship. Accessibly written by the authority in this field, Windy Dryden uses his thirty years of experience in REBT training to draw on skills that trainees and those seeking to incorporate REBT into their existing practice find particularly difficult.
- Chapter 1: The Distinctive Theoretical Features of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Chapter 2: The Distinctive Practical Features of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
- Chapter 3: The Working Alliance in REBT
- Chapter 4: REBT Skills in the Bond Domain of the Working Alliance
- Chapter 5: REBT Skills in the View Domain of the Working Alliance
- Chapter 6: REBT Skills in the Goal Domain of the Working Alliance
- Chapter 7: REBT Skills in the Task Domain of the Working Alliance