Your guide to responsive collaboration A responsive and collaborative approach meets the needs of students with disabilities in partnership with their families. Written to empower all members of the IEP or 504 team, this book guides educators and parents alike through the implementation of a responsive decision-making process on behalf of students. Learning disruption due to the pandemic has affected millions of students. This book offers practical tools for improving the fit between the learning profile of individual students and schooling. Responsive Collaboration for IEP and 504 Teams provides a framework that identifies opportunities to build connections between educators, establish relationships with service providers, strengthen school-family partnerships, address inequities, and develop student self-determination. Readers will find guidance on • Referral and eligibility determination • Individualized plan development • Responsive teaming over time • Other key practices related to responsive teaming, with links to implementation tools Drawing on the principles of social justice and responsive practice, this is your guide to navigating the complexities of IEP and 504 Team meetings for the benefit of students, educators, and families.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Why Do We Need Responsive Teams?
- Chapter 3: Referring Students and Obtaining Parental Consent
- Chapter 4: Evaluating Students and Determining Eligibility
- Chapter 5: Developing the Plan and Determining Placement
- Chapter 6: After the Team Meeting: Implementing the Plan and Monitoring Progress
- Chapter 7: Additional Opportunities for Responsive Teaming: Reevaluations, Independent Educational Evaluations, and Manifestation Determinations
- Chapter 8: Leading Teams Through Reviews and Changes in Eligibility
- Chapter 9: Summary