Designed to develop effective preventative approaches for learning mentors working with the emotional needs of vulnerable youngsters, this resource helps ensure that children and young people can learn ways to feel safe and valued and can build confidence to act independently.Resources for Learning Mentors shows mentors how to help young people: Develop a capacity to set realistic targets Build a positive view of their strengths and abilities Strengthen skills in communication and problem solving Improve their capacity to manage strong feelingsThe author provides comprehensive facilitator notes, activities, and resources to support positive mental health and well being.
Session Three: Body Work
- To encourage children and young people to accept positive feedback.
- To introduce the concept that are bodies are affected by our emotions.
- To examine what causes us stress and to recognise the general components of stress.
Plan for Session
- My Body
- Mind and Body
- Large roll of paper or wallpaper or light coloured fabric, cotton/muslin.
- Pens, glitter pens, marker pens, fabric pens
- Sequins, glue, felt, butterfly clips
- Coloured paper, card
- Pencil crayons
- Template of body shape
- Digital camera
- Body template
- Evaluation sheets.
This activity is designed to encourage children and young people to be able to give and receive positive feedback in a fun and creative way.
Encourage participants to draw around each other's bodies on the fabric or paper provided.