- Subject index
Social work in the 21st century is facing great change and upheaval in a period of Government austerity measures. From worsening pay rates to limited resources, these are increasingly challenging times in which social workers practice. It is therefore important that social work students are prepared for the realities of working within the modern social care system - that they have the tools and skills to care for themselves, and not just others. This book is a straightforward guide on how to cope with the stress and pressures of today’s social work environment by developing the right skills and knowledge. It will help students learn from a very early stage how to be at their best; from developing strategies to look after themselves and making ...
Chapter 5: Making Effective Use of New Technology and New Work Styles to Enhance Practice
- Applying new technologies to public sector work and the cultural barriers to its effective implementation
- Using new technology to make case recording, scheduling and report writing easier
- Preventing digital technologies from distracting our attention, dominating our work and damaging our work/life balance
- Using social media safely
- Effective deployment of hot desking and agile working
- Social work practices and other changes to how social work services are provided
If I asked you to come up with names of some people who were pioneers of digital technology I imagine you would give me a list of ...