Written for anyone working in the field of early years education and care, this book encourages students and practitioners to consider their own practice and to examine practice in a wide range of early years settings. The four sections link closely to the principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage, and support the reader in developing a critical and reflective approach to their own work.
Issues covered include:
Play in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in England; The Foundation Phase in Wales; Safeguarding children; The healthy child; Leading a team at a Children's CenteR; How caregivers are working with the EYFS; Leading and managing a multi-agency workforce; Continuing Professional Development for early years practitioners
Ideal for those working towards Early Years Professional Status (EYPS), this book is also a must-read for students on any early years course, and will help the professional development of all practitioners working with the Birth to Eight age range.
- Section 1: Children's Learning and Development
- Chapter 1: Reflective Thinking; Reflective Practice
- Chapter 2: Play in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Chapter 3: 21st Century Digital Technology and Children's Learning
- Chapter 4: Policy to Practice in Wales
- Section 2: The Unique Child
- Chapter 5: Safeguarding Children: Every Child Matters so Everybody Matters!
- Chapter 6: A Healthy Child – Direction, Deficit or Diversity?
- Section 3: Enabling Professional Environments
- Chapter 7: Children's Centres and Children's Services?
- Chapter 8: Working Together at a Children's Centre
- Chapter 9: Managing Multi-Agency Working
- Section 4: Positive Relationships in a Multi-Agency World
- Chapter 10: Distance Learning and Professional Development
- Chapter 11: Early Years Professionals: Leading for Change
- Chapter 12: Defining and Measuring Quality in Early Years Settings
- Chapter 13: From Experienced Practitioner to Reflective Professional