Involving children in discussing, planning and reviewing their targets for learning and behaviour is a key element of Every Child Matters (2003) and the Children's Plan (2007). This new edition of Gillian Shotton's best selling book, has been updated to include new templates for teachers looking to involve children in writing their Individual Education Plan (IEP), as well as the introduction of target sheets applicable for all primary and secondary students. The resource provides a useful tool for helping teachers put some of the Assessment for Learning strategies into practice.
Features of the new edition include:
- IEP templates with brand new illustrations
- Pupil-friendly target sheets to engage learners in the target setting process
- A Pupil Friendly Pastoral Support Programme developed specifically for secondary aged pupils
- An Act of Kindness log to encourage and record positive acts in the classroom
The accompanying CD Rom provides easy-to-use, engaging and fun templates which allow teachers to truly involve pupils in the planning and reviewing process. These resources can either be printed off as resource sheets to be filled in and coloured in by hand, or they can be filled in on-screen.
- Why Involve the Child?
- Pupil Friendly Target Sheets
- Pupil Friendly Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- A Script for Writing an IEP for Learning with a Pupil
- A Script for Writing an IEP for Behaviour with a Pupil
- Pupil Friendly Pastoral Support Programmes (PSPs)
- Acts of Kindness
- Helping Pupils See Their Progress