- Subject index
This book explores the links between psychology and crime, evaluating psychological explanations of crime, and the use of psychology within the criminal justice system. It provides a comprehensive overview that highlights the consequences of crime for victims, offenders, and wider society.
The book combines classic theory with new developments in eyewitness testimony, offender profiling, and forensic psychology. The resulting text offers an engaging and challenging route to a full understanding of key topics, including:
- The history and theoretical development of criminological psychology
- Interpersonal violence, sexual violence, and deviancy
- The psychology of crime in groups
- Mass murder and war crimes
- Psychology and the criminal justice system
Psychology and Crime genuinely integrates the two subjects with the advanced student in mind, and includes a range of practical devices to support the learning process – ...