Evidence-based best practices that improve classroom environments and assessment techniques!
If your goal is a smoother-running, participatory classroom and improved student achievement, you'll find essential best practices in this new resource, edited by a renowned education scholar, Robert Slavin.
Dr. Robert Slavin, Professor and Chairman of the Success for All Foundation, has gathered insights and findings from 26 leading education researchers, presented in succinct chapters focused on key aspects of teaching and classroom management practice. Readers will find: Strategies for assessment that address formative approaches, differentiated classrooms, the role of feedback in the assessment process, adaptation for the Common Core, and more; Proven techniques for classroom management, including immediate, positive steps that teachers can take; User-friendly content supported by quick-read charts and graphs
Drawing from the leading international experts in the field of teaching and originally published in the journal Better: Evidence-Based Education, this is a valuable new resource for education leaders at all levels.
- Chapter 1: Assessment in a Differentiated Classroom
- Chapter 2: Formative Assessments in High Schools
- Chapter 3: Formative Assessment and Feedback to Learners
- Chapter 4: Multiple Measures in Classroom Assessment
- Chapter 5: Promoting Learning and Achievement Through Self-Assessment
- Chapter 6: Exposing the Imbalance in “Balanced Assessment”
- Chapter 7: Do We Need an Assessment Overhaul?
- Chapter 8: Formative Assessment: An Enabler of Learning
- Chapter 9: Upgrading High-Stakes Assessments
- Chapter 10: England Versus Wales: Education Performance and Accountability
- Chapter 11: In Search of Feasible Fidelity
- Chapter 12: Before Choosing, Ask Three Questions
- Chapter 13: What Works in Classroom Management
- Chapter 14: Good Instruction Is Good Classroom Management
- Chapter 15: Am I the Only One Struggling with Classroom Management?
- Chapter 16: Classroom Management: What Teachers Should Know
- Chapter 17: From Tourists to Citizens
- Chapter 18: Promoting Engagement with Check & Connect
- Chapter 19: Dealing with Classroom Management Problems
- Chapter 20: Support for Teachers Around the World
- Chapter 21: Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Chapter 22: First Step to Success for Preschool Children
- Chapter 23: Improving Teaching in Science and Mathematics
- Chapter 24: Improving Reading and Math Achievement Across a Whole District
- Chapter 25: Co-Teaching: Inclusion and Increased Student Achievement
- Chapter 26: Implementing Response to Instruction and Intervention with Older Students
- Chapter 27: Teaching English Language Learners in Inclusion Settings