What do you need to know to teach computing in primary schools? How do you teach it? This book provides practical guidance on how to teach the computing curriculum in primary schools alongside the necessary subject knowledge. It explores teaching and learning with ICT and digital technologies, addressing the role of the professional teacher with regards to important issues such as e-safety.
Chapter 4: Digital Display Technologies
When you have completed work on this chapter, you will have:
- considered the different types of digital display technologies such as interactive whiteboards and visualisers often available in schools;
- thought critically about the opportunities digital display technologies offer to support teaching and learning across the curriculum;
- noted the practicalities of using digital display technologies in the primary classroom;
- examined critically the idea of interactivity often associated with digital display technologies and considered the different ways of appropriating IWBs and visualisers into your pedagogical practice;
- reflected critically on some of the claims made about the potential of digital display technologies to impact on learning and begun to consider the nature of this impact.
Large-format display technologies – interactive or otherwise – have been a long-standing ...