What do you need to know to teach computing in primary schools? How do you teach it? This book provides practical guidance on how to teach the computing curriculum in primary schools alongside the necessary subject knowledge. It explores teaching and learning with ICT and digital technologies, addressing the role of the professional teacher with regards to important issues such as e-safety.
Chapter 2: Planning for Digital Technologies Across the Curriculum
When you have completed work on this chapter, you will have:
- considered planning for the use of digital technologies in subject teaching, focusing on enhancing the subjects;
- looked at opportunities for the use of digital technologies in the core subjects;
- examined opportunities for cross-curricular use of digital technologies to support the foundation subjects;
- considered how using digital technologies across the curriculum can contribute to the development of children's digital literacy;
- noted the differences in school settings with different levels of resourcing.
While learning how to integrate digital technologies in subject teaching, you will be cognisant of the need to know about the children's digital literacy in order to pursue opportunities to exploit and extend it. It ...