In this tour de force, authors Stewart R. Clegg, David Courpasson, and Nelson Phillips provide a comprehensive account of power and organizations, unlocking power as the central relation of modern organizations and society. The authors present an excellent synthesis of organization, social and political theory to offer an overview of power and organizations that is historically informed, addresses current issues, and is comprehensive in scope.
- Chapter 1: Fixing the Institutionalization of Theory and Practice
- Chapter 2: Power and Efficiency
- Chapter 3: Body, Soul, and Mind
- Chapter 4: The Curious Case of Max Weber
- Chapter 5: The Rational System and its Irrational Other
- Chapter 6: The Heart of Darkness
- Chapter 7: Power to and Power Over
- Chapter 8: The Foucault Effect
- Chapter 9: Critical Theories of Organizational Power
- Chapter 10: Discursive Theories of Organizational Power
- Chapter 11: Power and Organizational Forms
- Chapter 12: Corporate Power Elites
- Chapter 13: The Futures of Power?