• Summary
  • Contents

These strategies, training resources, and more help improve the performance of students of low socioeconomic status by preventing their misidentification as learning disabled and supporting school-readiness skills.

Managing Change Successfully
Managing change successfully

We read somewhere that in a normal population only 10% to 15% of people are what psychologists would call “change embracers” while the remaining 85% to 90% are “change resisters.” Whether or not the numbers are precisely accurate, the fact remains that people's general resistance to change makes instituting change in organizations one of the most difficult challenges leaders face. Bringing about meaningful change in public schools can be even more difficult because seemingly every year teachers are required to master and teach the latest and greatest program to improve reading or math or spelling scores, only to find that this year's innovations are inevitably replaced by next year's. While we're not questioning the efficacy of any of the myriad ...

locked icon

Sign in to access this content

Get a 30 day FREE TRIAL

  • Watch videos from a variety of sources bringing classroom topics to life
  • Read modern, diverse business cases
  • Explore hundreds of books and reference titles