This book examines the evolving health care delivery systems and the role of nursing within the rural context. Divided into three parts including perspectives from experts in Australia and Canada, the book covers the foundations of rural nursing, special populations, and future perspectives. Students of nursing will find special features in each chapter such as a list of objectives, key terms, points to remember, suggested research activities, and discussion questions.
Chapter 5: Exemplar: A Framework for Rural Nursing Interventions
Exemplar: A Framework for Rural Nursing Interventions
- Structural factors
- Sociocultural factors
- Health-seeking behaviors
- Financial factors
- Participation mediators
- Service utilization
- Outcome mediators
After reading this chapter, you will be able to
- Analyze sociocultural factors that can affect program planning and utilizing of health services by rural residents.
- Examine partnerships that are essential for successful nursing interventions with rural populations.
- Use effective strategies to facilitate nursing interventions in rural areas.
- Articulate potential health outcomes for rural residents in relation to health-mediating factors.
Essential Points to Remember
- Sociocultural factors such as health beliefs, independence, level of trust, and belonging are critical for successful nursing intervention with rural clients.
- Structural factors such as availability and configuration of health care ...