Reignite your creative-thinking skills to produce innovative solutions Organizational Creativity: A Practical Guide for Innovators and Entrepreneurs by Gerard J. Puccio, John F. Cabra, and Nathan Schwagler, is a compelling new text designed to transform the reader into a creative thinker and leader. Arguing that creativity is an essential skill that must be developed, the authors take a highly practical approach, providing strategies, tools, and cases to help readers hone their creative abilities. Whether students are preparing to become entrepreneurs or to work in an established firm, this text will help them survive and thrive in an era of innovation and change.
Chapter 7: Ideate: Ways to Visualize and Generate Breakthrough Ideas
Ideate: Ways to Visualize and Generate Breakthrough Ideas
After reading this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify essential behaviors for visualizing new ideas
- Describe strategies for producing many alternative ideas
- Explain how play fuels imagination and an innovative mindset
- Use associative theory to discover how nature solves problems that parallel ones you currently face
- Practice idea production using an idea system
Knowing—Ideating: The Mind’s Capacity to See the Future
Unlike other mammals, humans have the capacity to think deeply about the future, or to see in the mind’s eye and envision alternative possibilities. If you have ever said to yourself, If only I had seen around the corner on that one, you understand the importance of forward thinking. Entrepreneurs, ...