Reignite your creative-thinking skills to produce innovative solutions Organizational Creativity: A Practical Guide for Innovators and Entrepreneurs by Gerard J. Puccio, John F. Cabra, and Nathan Schwagler, is a compelling new text designed to transform the reader into a creative thinker and leader. Arguing that creativity is an essential skill that must be developed, the authors take a highly practical approach, providing strategies, tools, and cases to help readers hone their creative abilities. Whether students are preparing to become entrepreneurs or to work in an established firm, this text will help them survive and thrive in an era of innovation and change.
Chapter 1: Innovation Wired: You Evolved to Create
Innovation Wired: You Evolved to Create
After reading this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Use a scientifically based argument to defend the view that all humans are creative
- Explain the lessons that can be extracted from evolution and how these lessons translate into strategies for innovators and entrepreneurs
- Contrast two fundamentally different forms of creativity: eminent creativity and everyday creativity
- Appraise the degree to which you actively work to enhance your innate creativity through practice, passion, and play
- Formulate a plan for improving your creative thinking by using journaling and/or in-and-out note taking on a regular basis
Knowing—You Were Born to Be Creative
Creativity Lessons From Evolution
The question is not whether you are creative. You are! The better question is, am ...