Reignite your creative-thinking skills to produce innovative solutions Organizational Creativity: A Practical Guide for Innovators and Entrepreneurs by Gerard J. Puccio, John F. Cabra, and Nathan Schwagler, is a compelling new text designed to transform the reader into a creative thinker and leader. Arguing that creativity is an essential skill that must be developed, the authors take a highly practical approach, providing strategies, tools, and cases to help readers hone their creative abilities. Whether students are preparing to become entrepreneurs or to work in an established firm, this text will help them survive and thrive in an era of innovation and change.
Chapter 10: The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
The Emotionally Intelligent Leader
After reading this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize research that makes the case for emotional intelligence
- Explain how emotional intelligence contributes to effective leadership
- Apply methods and strategies that enhance awareness of emotions, both one’s own and others’
- Describe the blocks that get in the way of self-creative leadership
- Appraise the degree to which you actively work to regulate the type of thinking that hinders creativity
Knowing—Emotional Intelligence Is Not a Soft Skill
A Story About Managing Emotions
Have you ever felt overwhelmed by emotions? Did you notice how you were unable to do your best thinking in these moments? Have you ever regretted one of these moments? We start this chapter with a short story, one drawn from ...