The Sage Course Companion on organization theory is an accessible introduction to a challenging subject area. This book helps readers extend their understanding of theories and make the connection between these theories and organizational practice. It enhances their thinking skills in line with course requirements and provides support on how to revise for exams and prepare for and write assessed pieces. Readers are encouraged not only to think like an organizational theorist but also to think about the subject critically.
Chapter 1: How to Get the Most Out of Your Lectures
How to Get the Most Out of Your Lectures
This section will show you how to.
- Make the most of your lecture notes
- Prepare your mind for new terminology
- Develop an independent approach to learning
- Write efficient summary notes from lectures
- Take the initiative in building on your lectures.
Keeping in Context
Learning is facilitated when it is set within an overall learning context, and it is the responsibility of your tutors to provide this context, for ...