Online Counselling and Guidance Skills is the first book to deal with the practicalities of this mode of working. It looks at how practitioners need to adapt their basic counseling skills to the online environment and guides them through the process of setting up, defining and maintaining a working relationship with a client within professional, ethical and legal boundaries. Case studies and extracts from online sessions show how the skills are put into practice, while practical exercises and points for further consideration help readers to develop their own knowledge and skills.
Part I: Practical Skills
- Chapter 1: The Foundations: A Framework for Practice When Using Online Counselling Skills
- Chapter 2: Establishing an Online Presence and Online Relationship
- Chapter 3: Online Expression
- Chapter 4: Online Listening, Attunement and Attending to the Client
- Chapter 5: Establishing and Maintaining an Open Dialogue
Part II: Professional Considerations