Addressing the practicalities of clinical supervision, this informative book follows the course of the supervision process, illustrating each stage with an absorbing blend of information, opinion, academic theory, anecdotal material, serious comment and thought-provoking exercises. Emphasis is placed on the purpose and value of clinincal supervision, but also on the potential pitfalls those involved may encounter, and how they can be avoided. A number of theories and models are discussed with reference to each stage of supervision, providing a thought-provoking basis for the practical issues raised. Written in a lively and engaging style, this book will enable both supervisors and supervisees to get the best they can from t
- Introduction: Me, clinical supervision, nurses and this book
- Chapter 1: Nurses and supervision – myths, trouble and misconceptions
- Chapter 2: What is the point of clinical supervision?
- Chapter 3: The question(s) of clinical supervision
- Chapter 4: Communicating in clinical supervision
- Chapter 5: The first supervision session – and getting beyond it!
- Chapter 6: Finding a solution by knowing how to look for the problem!
- Chapter 7: The middle phase of supervision – power, persecution and game-playing
- Chapter 8: Moving on – groupwork and endings in clinical supervision