This book answers these questions and is designed to offer nursing students a comprehensive introduction to and foundation in interprofessional practice. Chapters will help the student nurse understand the reasons behind the changing face and redesign of many services in health and social care, and their own role in the emerging interprofessional partnerships and teams.
Chapter 1: Preparing for Multi-Professional Practice
Preparing for Multi-Professional Practice
By reading this chapter you should be able to:
- define what is meant by multi-professional practice
- identify the drivers towards multi-professional practice
- describe how people work together
- identify present barriers to multi-professional working and how they may be overcome
- reflect on your experience of multi-professional working at this stage in your practice
- access websites to learn more about models of multi-professional working and new professional roles.
Working with other professionals is part of everyday practice in health and social care. Multi-professional collaboration and team work have been presented as positive and necessary practice interventions, to achieve good care provision by successive governments for several decades.
This endorsement can be viewed in a number of ways. At one level, politicians have been responding to outcomes of major ...