“The strength of the book is its thoroughness and how it actually takes the reader inside the experience, step-by-step, of conducting a Needs Assessment…”
—Jody Bortone, Sacred Heart University
This book focuses on how results have to be utilized in an organization for an assessment to be considered a success. The authors describe the three phases of needs assessment in depth along with subtleties in implementing them.
Although this book can be used in a stand-alone fashion, it is part of the Needs Assessment KIT—five interrelated and sequenced books that take the reader through the needs assessment process (ISBN: 978-0-7619-2595-8).
- Chapter 1: Beginnings
- Chapter 2: A Generic Needs Assessment Model and Steps
- Chapter 3: Phase I: Preassessment
- Chapter 4: Phase II: Assessment—Two Frequently Used Quantitative Approaches
- Chapter 5: Phase II: The other Parts of Assessment—Often Used Qualitative Approaches and Pulling the Data Together
- Chapter 6: Phase III: Postassessment