Helps educators create an optimum learning environment for students with different learning styles and is packed with practical, adaptable strategies to help every learner succeed.
Chapter 1: The Foundations of Learning
The Foundations of Learning
This chapter will describe some of the basic principles of learning and will provide a foundation for the book. It will comment on:
- the importance of developing independent learning
- the need to consider the whole child – including the social and environmental aspects as well as cognitive factors
- the need to recognise individual differences amongst learners
- the importance for learners to develop their own learning strategies and to be able to adapt these to different learning situations
- a recognition of the diversity among learners in relation to cognitive differences and learning experiences
- the role of learning styles in the classroom
- the theoretical background underpinning learning strategies, including the metacognitive aspects of learning and particularly based on the work ...