Helps educators create an optimum learning environment for students with different learning styles and is packed with practical, adaptable strategies to help every learner succeed.
This chapter will:
- identify 20 key principles of classroom management
- discuss planning and show how to anticipate potential problems ▪ discuss the need to be proactive
- provide an observational framework and suggestions for motivation
- show how to develop student independence
- discuss issues relating to behaviour management and classroom control
- provide strategies to deal with these as well as supporting children with additional and special needs.
Although it is appreciated that no two classroom situations are the same some key principles of effective classroom management can be identified. It is important to acknowledge these principles as they can provide a guide to classroom teaching and learning. (See CD Rom activity 12 – Classroom management.)
Top 20 Key Principles for Classroom Management
- Work with, ...