This resource explains the difference between counseling and counseling skills, and reviews how mental health issues affect children’s behavior, self-esteem, motivation, and achievement.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Schools and Mental Health
- Chapter 2: Mental Health and Young People
- Chapter 3: Risk and Resilience
- Chapter 4: What are the Causes of Mental Illness in Young People?
- Chapter 5: Specific Mental Health Problems and Young People: How Schools can Help
- Chapter 6: A Whole-School and Multiagency Approach
- Chapter 7: The Mental Health Curriculum
- Chapter 8: The Listening School
- Chapter 9: Useful Organisations and Resources