- Subject index
Managing Quality provides a comprehensive review and critical analysis of quality management discourses and techniques by drawing on a number of management disciplines such as operations management, HRM, organizational behaviour, strategy, marketing and organization theory.
- introduces readers to key concepts and issues in quality management
- provides an overview of both managerial and critical perspectives on quality management
- presents the ‘wisdom’ of quality management gurus
- documents the way quality is pursued in manufacturing, service and public sector organizations
- compares and contrasts hard and soft technologies of quality management
- critically reviews the rhetoric of TQM and business process re-engineering (BPR)
- examines the consequences of quality on stakeholders
- scrutinizes the language of quality management
- documents the mundane nature of quality managemnt practices through the use of real ...