This practical guide to managing behaviour in Further and Adult Education is for all those training to teach in the sector. The third edition includes new chapters on 14-19 learners and behaviour theory and continues to offer practical ideas on how to manage and motivate students. It takes account of the variety of contexts in the sector and makes reference to important research findings and studies of learner behaviour. Based firmly on what teachers and students have to say about their experiences, it uses case studies, dialogue and journal extracts to explore key issues, and help teachers develop their practice.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Why are they here? The Issues of Learner Motivation and Behaviour in the FE Sector
- Chapter 3: Learners Talking
- Chapter 4: Where do we Start?
- Chapter 5: The Rule Book
- Chapter 6: Great Expectations
- Chapter 7: Breaking out
- Chapter 8: Adult Behaviour
- Chapter 9: The Young Ones
- Chapter 10: Putting the Flags out
- Chapter 11: Teachers Talking
- Chapter 12: So what's Happening in FE? What the Research is Telling us