Struggling to secure the right counselling or psychotherapy placement for you? Unsure of how to deal with complex challenges or how to make sure you get the most out of your placement? Then you have come to the right place! Packed full of hints and tips, advice, checklists and points for reflection, this practical guide will provide you with those all important answers, and more. Key content includes: – History and background of the placement – How to get the most out of the placement – Wider professional and ethical considerations – The placement search, completing the application and tips for the interview – Managing placement relationships – Planning for the Future This one stop shop will provide counselling and psychotherapy trainees with everything they need to know to secure and survive their practice placement.
- Chapter 1: Defining placement: historical background and context
- Chapter 2: Preparing for placement: personal, theoretical and ethical considerations
- Chapter 3: Before you start: training provider and wider professional considerations
- Chapter 4: The placement search, application and interview process
- Chapter 5: Commencing placement: managing practicalities, processes and relationships
- Chapter 6: Placements in perspective