Developed from the work of specialist teachers in Ealing who have been involved in promoting inclusive practices, this book shows how eliciting the pupil's views and strengthening the pupil voice is an important element in the success of any inclusion project. Covering a wide range of disabilities including Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Specific Learning Difficulties, it includes: Case-studies; Descriptions of the difficulties encountered by the young; Practical strategies to address these difficulties; Useful resources. Essential for any adult working in an inclusive setting, this fascinating book brings together theory with real practice.
- Chapter 1: Setting the Scene
- Chapter 2: Including Pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Chapter 3: Including Pupils with Visual Impairment
- Chapter 4: Including Pupils with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Chapter 5: Including Pupils with Hearing Impairment
- Chapter 6: Including Pupils with Physical Disabilities