SAGE Books: Information for Librarians
SAGE Knowledge hosts thousands of carefully selected titles by world-class authors and editors on hot topics across the social sciences. It includes academic and supplementary titles that contribute to the knowledge base of students and researchers, foundational books in core areas of research and debate, accessible student references, and numerous practical professional titles in education.
Librarians and information professional are an integral part of the academic community, and a key partner of SAGE. Together, we are committed to navigating the challenges of our changing scholarly landscape to ensure that we best support the shcolarship of the future.
Offered on SAGE’s digital library platform, SAGE Knowledge, these cases are integrated with SAGE’s journal, book, video, and reference content, allowing for a rich scholarly environment and enhanced discoverability.
Why SAGE Books?
- MARC Records and COUNTER 5 reports are available
- DOIs are registered for each title and chapter and deposited in CrossRef and displayed as permanent URLs
- Content is discoverable by major search engines at the title and chapter level to ensure students find SAGE content no matter where they start their search
- Flexible pricing models within collections, designed to meet different needs
- No physical Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Unlimited simultaneous usage of all SAGE eBooks gives everyone access to the content they need
- Dedicated usage-driving support, including promotional materials such as user guides, posters, banner ads, and search widgets
- Custom online training sessions highlighting features, functionality, and tips and tricks for both librarians and end-users
Discoverability Checklist - PDF User Guide
Promote SAGE Knowledge on Campus
Sample Social Media PostsUsage Poster - USDownload the poster PDF, add your own logo and website information in the editable box, then print it out to hang up and direct users to SAGE Knowledge.Want to put a shelf tag in the reference section to alert users that you have more resources online? Look no further!
Banner AdvertsDownload one of the banner ads below for your library's website so that users know they have access to SAGE content. Simply right-click to save the image on your desktop, then use wherever you would like to promote SAGE Knowledge .
Search Widget EmbedEmbed a search widget on your library website or subject guides using the embed code provided on the widget embed below.View widget embed