This practical book provides entry-level project tools and skills for newcomers to project management. It helps student teams become more effective at doing course projects by learning and applying project management tools and techniques. It also provides invaluable skills that students can utilize when they enter the workplace. Chapters focusing on project initiation and planning are followed by coverage of the human resource issues involved in project leadership and how to write up project reports. Appendices introduce the use of earned value analysis and show how critical paths are calculated.
- Introduction 62
- Project Schedules: Types and Components 63
- Types of Project Schedules 64
- Components of Project Schedules 65
- How to Develop a Project Schedule: Focus—Gantt Charts 71
- Using the Output of a Project Schedule 74