The authors discuss effective leadership in extended schooling to fulfill Every Child Matters mandates and provide case studies demonstrating what is possible in a variety of settings.
Part 1: The Concept and Context of Extended Schools
- Chapter 1: What are Extended Schools and Why are They Needed?
- Chapter 2: The Implications for Current Schooling
- Chapter 3: What Kinds of Leadership Then?
Part 2: Working with the People
- Chapter 4: Staffing the Extended School
- Chapter 5: Managing and Evaluating Performance and Accountability
- Chapter 6: Parents and Extended Schools
- Chapter 7: Creating Dynamic Partnerships
- Chapter 8: Sustaining Effective Partnerships in Extended Services
Part 3: Resources and Conclusions