Leadership Games presents twenty-five practical, inexpensive experimental activities designed to be used in various leadership training and development programmes.This book centers on those areas of primary concern to todays managers, team leadership, risking innovation, fostering collaboration, managing conflict, and using diversity. The author has extensive experience both in the academic and consulting word (including being a past President of the Outward Bound program in Rockland, Maine).
Chapter 6: Exercises on Using Diversity
Exercises on Using Diversity
- Mapping Diversity: Understand the Places that Define Colleagues' Perspectives. 141
- Diversity Bingo: Distinguish both Subjects and Objects of Stereotyping. 146
- The Being: Represent, and Capitalize on, Essential Aspects of Group Diversity. 151
- Listening in More than One Voice: Assume Another Persona for Good Listening and Added Perspective. 155
- Stereotypes: Watch Stereotyping Stymie the Accomplishment of Group Task. 158
Exercises in This chapter:
Unjustified stereotypes that people carry about other people are a major block to organizational progress. Just getting along is not good enough. Staff have to be treated fairly, and differing perspectives have to be appreciated before an organization can do the same for clients and customers. These are some of the maxims that increasingly govern the operations ...