Leadership Games presents twenty-five practical, inexpensive experimental activities designed to be used in various leadership training and development programmes.This book centers on those areas of primary concern to todays managers, team leadership, risking innovation, fostering collaboration, managing conflict, and using diversity. The author has extensive experience both in the academic and consulting word (including being a past President of the Outward Bound program in Rockland, Maine).
Chapter 4: Exercises on Fostering Collaboration
Exercises on Fostering Collaboration
- Concentric Conversations: Shape Common Meaning by Tapping Everyone's Point of View. 68
- Working Norms: Establish Ground Rules for the Teamwork Ahead. 73
- Discussion Functions: Make Group Discussions Productive by Fostering Self-Conscious Participation. 77
- Planning from the Ground up: Start Small and Build toward Common Points of View. 82
- My Spot: Honor Individual Perspective in Team Functioning. 86
- Shaping the Future: Envision Effective Working Relationships in the Face of Unseen Challenges. 91
- Marking Effective Teamwork: Codify Practices that Make Accomplishing Team Tasks Easier. 96
Exercises in This Chapter:
Collaboration comes in many forms, but teamwork may be its purest iteration. Building teams involves getting a group to act as if it were one well-directed, action-oriented, accountable person—multiple minds acting in ...