The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Media messages designed to indoctrinate or influence listeners by providing distorted or one-sided information.
The word propaganda can be traced back to 1622 when Pope Gregory XV established the Sacred Congregation for the Propagation of the Faith, a body designed to propagate the teachings and orthodoxy of the church. In ...