The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Current affairs is a speech radio genre that provides comment and analysis on the news.
The term ‘current affairs’ is mainly associated with British rather than US broadcasting. American radio and television has traditionally seen news and comment on the news (or ‘news analysis’) as one and ...