The SAGE Key Concepts series provides students with accessible and authoritative knowledge of the essential topics in a variety of disciplines. Cross-referenced throughout, the format encourages critical evaluation through understanding. Written by experienced and respected academics, the books are indispensable study aids and guides to comprehension.
- Provides a comprehensive, easy-to-use introduction to the field
- Grounds theory with global examples
- Takes it further with recommended reading
- Covers the central ideas and practices from production and media studies
- Situates radio studies within its historical context and contemporary auditory culture
Regulation is the process where a government organisation controls aspects of radio broadcasting including allocation of the radio spectrum, programme content and station ownership.
The terms ‘regulation’ and more recently ‘deregulation’ are associated mainly with commercial radio and in particular with the long regulatory history of ...